Are you considering plastic surgery? You will find a clear explanation of the most common plastic surgeries on these pages, including the advantages, disadvantages and risks involved.
Book an appointment with our plastic surgeon to discuss your needs in greater detail. He will explain the limitations and complications of the procedures in all honesty. This will give you a very realistic view on the chosen treatment, which will in turn avoid disappointment in the future. If needed, you can always combine this with a visit to our dermatologist for additional advice.
Mediclinic prides itself on its vast experience in the treatment of esthetic skin conditions. After consultation with our dermatogist, you will be advised on the safest and most efficient treatment. All treatments are supervised by our dermatologist. Mediclinic has an arsenal of lasers, devices and technologies to ensure you get the best results.
You will find a short description of the most common esthetic skin conditions on this website, including the different treatment options available:
Coarse texture of the skin
One recognizes a coarse structure of the skin owing to its large pores with possible acne scars. The skin can also have a yellow or dull complexion, a common consequence of smoking.
Using a superficial or more intensive peeling, the skin structure can be refined, diminishing pores and makes the skin radiant and fresh again.
In people with very coarse skin structure and acne scars, a fractional laser treatment is advised. During this treatment laser, the laser beam is divided into very small radii which pierce the skin without damaging the epidermis. The laser light is converted into heat that heats the subcutaneous structure. In response to the treatment, the skin starts to regenerate and form new tissues, which tighten it and make it finer and smoother. A 100% smooth skin can be guaranteed, but acne scars become shallower and less visible. More striking are scars, more spectacular with the laser results.
- Prevent acne scars by the removal of blackheads and pimples (during an active acne) by a professional without damaging the skin or touching inflammation areas and simultaneous treatment with medication.
- Protect the skin from the sun so as not discolour the scars.
- Avoid creams and greasy makeup.
- Mediclinic offers various peelings with glycolic acid and TCA. In preparation for this, it is best to apply a glycolic acid cream and vitamin C two to four weeks in advance.. It improves skin texture, making it smoother and shrinking pores.
- For a more intensive treatment of acne scars, we recommend the fractional laser. This is a non-ablative laser which keeps the epidermis intact. The laser light is absorbed by the tissue down to the deepest layer. The light is converted into heat and minute laser beams forming columns of heat. The collagen strands contract under the effect of the heat increasing the healing process: thus new collagen is created. The skin becomes finer and firmer, wrinkles fade and it has a more refined structure (pores shrink).