Are you considering plastic surgery? You will find a clear explanation of the most common plastic surgeries on these pages, including the advantages, disadvantages and risks involved.
Book an appointment with our plastic surgeon to discuss your needs in greater detail. He will explain the limitations and complications of the procedures in all honesty. This will give you a very realistic view on the chosen treatment, which will in turn avoid disappointment in the future. If needed, you can always combine this with a visit to our dermatologist for additional advice.
Mediclinic prides itself on its vast experience in the treatment of esthetic skin conditions. After consultation with our dermatogist, you will be advised on the safest and most efficient treatment. All treatments are supervised by our dermatologist. Mediclinic has an arsenal of lasers, devices and technologies to ensure you get the best results.
You will find a short description of the most common esthetic skin conditions on this website, including the different treatment options available:
Whoever thinks of Mediclinic, thinks of plastic surgery, esthetic dermatology, laser treatments,...
Today we have added a new dimension. The professional medical wellness now offers very gentle, pleasant, calming or rejuvenating treatments, that provide excellent results. These treatments include facials, medical pedicures, manicures, permanent epilation, skin tightening, peelings, cryolipolysis, etc. You're most welcome to enjoy a moment of pure relaxation at our clinic.
These treatments can be booked on their own or in combination with our dermatological or surgical interventions. A relaxed body and mind will prepare you for the more stressfull treatments and will make sure you can can recover in the best possible circumstances.
Mediclinic prides itself on its extensive experience and ensures you will get the best treatments based on the most recent developments in the field.The wellness treatments are not performed by our doctors but by our paramedical staff. The treatments were developed and selected by our dermatologist.
Book your appointment at Medifocus for:
- a consultation
- a preliminary examination before surgery
- eye surgery
Visit our partner website, www.medifocus.be/en, for more information.
Coarse texture of the skin
This type of skin is often characterized by its large pores with possible acne scars. The skin can also have a yellow or dull complexion, a common consequence of smoking.
A superficial or more intensive peeling can be used to refine the skin's texture, making larger pores less noticeable and restoring the skin's radiance.
For very coarse skin texture with acne scars, fractional laser treatment is recommended. During this treatment the laser beam is divided into very small beams which pierce the skin without damaging the epidermis. The laser light is converted into heat, thereby heating up the subcutaneous structure. In response to the treatment, the skin starts to regenerate and form new connective tissue, making the skin finer, tighter and smoother. A 100% smooth skin can't be guaranteed, but acne scars become shallower and less visible.
- Prevent acne scars by leaving the removal of blackheads and pimples to a professional and simultaneous treatment with medication.
- Protect the skin from the sun to avoid the discolouring of the scars.
- Avoid creams and greasy makeup.
- Mediclinic offers various peelings with glycolic acid and TCA. In preparation, it is best to apply a cream with glycolic acid and vitamin C 2 to 4 weeks in advance. It improves the skin's texture, making it smoother and shrinking pores.
- For a more intensive treatment of acne scars, we recommend the fractional laser. This is a non-ablative laser which keeps the epidermis intact. The laser light is absorbed by the tissue down to the deepest layer. The light is converted into heat. The collagen strands contract under the effect of the heat starting up the healing process: new collagen is created. The skin becomes finer and firmer, wrinkles fade resulting in a more refined structure of the skin (pores shrink).