Are you considering plastic surgery? You will find a clear explanation of the most common plastic surgeries on these pages, including the advantages, disadvantages and risks involved.
Book an appointment with our plastic surgeon to discuss your needs in greater detail. He will explain the limitations and complications of the procedures in all honesty. This will give you a very realistic view on the chosen treatment, which will in turn avoid disappointment in the future. If needed, you can always combine this with a visit to our dermatologist for additional advice.
Mediclinic prides itself on its vast experience in the treatment of esthetic skin conditions. After consultation with our dermatogist, you will be advised on the safest and most efficient treatment. All treatments are supervised by our dermatologist. Mediclinic has an arsenal of lasers, devices and technologies to ensure you get the best results.
You will find a short description of the most common esthetic skin conditions on this website, including the different treatment options available:
Whoever thinks of Mediclinic, thinks of plastic surgery, esthetic dermatology, laser treatments,...
Today we have added a new dimension. The professional medical wellness now offers very gentle, pleasant, calming or rejuvenating treatments, that provide excellent results. These treatments include facials, medical pedicures, manicures, permanent epilation, skin tightening, peelings, cryolipolysis, etc. You're most welcome to enjoy a moment of pure relaxation at our clinic.
These treatments can be booked on their own or in combination with our dermatological or surgical interventions. A relaxed body and mind will prepare you for the more stressfull treatments and will make sure you can can recover in the best possible circumstances.
Mediclinic prides itself on its extensive experience and ensures you will get the best treatments based on the most recent developments in the field.The wellness treatments are not performed by our doctors but by our paramedical staff. The treatments were developed and selected by our dermatologist.
Book your appointment at Medifocus for:
- a consultation
- a preliminary examination before surgery
- eye surgery
Visit our partner website, www.medifocus.be/en, for more information.
Varicose veins are dilated veins which can be painful. They often appear due to extended periods of standing upright or during pregnancy, when the blood pressure in the veins increases. Veins have one-way valves that prevent blood from flowing backwards. When these valves fail, blood begins to collect in the veins rather than continuing its flow towards your heart. The veins enlarge and swell up. Heredity, obesity, age, gender and hormonal changes are important factors. A duplex test (combination of an ultrasound and doppler test) will establish whether your valves still work sufficiently.
- Compression tights put pressure on your legs so that the blood can flow more easily to your heart. They also decrease swelling.
- Medication to decrease the feeling of heaviness and pain and to improve blood flow.
- Varicose veins can also be treated with laser therapy. The laser light is absorbed by the red colour of the blood, causing the blood to clot. Results are visible after 6 to 8 weeks. A second treatment might be necessary. In order to avoid pigmentation issues, please be aware that :
- The area treated can not be exposed to sunlight 4 to 6 weeks before and after the treatment
- You cannot apply self tanner 1 week before the treatment.
- Sclerotherapy can also be used to block off a larger vein. This causes the vein to close. You may need to wear compression stockings for several days or weeks to maintain the pressure.
- Endovenous laser therapy is a more recent treatment which can be considered as an alternative to the traditional « stripping ». It allows the specialist to take out the entire vein without excision in the groin. This painless procedure is less invasive because it is done under local anaesthesia. It also protects the peripheric tissues. Results are visible after a few weeks. Your doctor will then assess if additional treatments are necessary (for example to treat the smaller varicose veins). This procedure leaves no scars.
- Varicose vein stripping is a surgical procedure that removes varicose veins from the legs or thighs. This procedure is done under general anaesthesia.
- Move as much as you can. Go for a walk, swim, ride your bike, etc.
- Avoid warm places such as the sauna, warm baths, sun beds, etc.
- Lift up your legs regularly to decrease pressure on the veins.
- Try to live and eat as healthy as possible, avoid obesity.
We work in partnership with a vascular surgeon for the treatment of varicose veins. If you want to make an appointment, contact us here.