Are you considering plastic surgery? You will find a clear explanation of the most common plastic surgeries on these pages, including the advantages, disadvantages and risks involved.
Book an appointment with our plastic surgeon to discuss your needs in greater detail. He will explain the limitations and complications of the procedures in all honesty. This will give you a very realistic view on the chosen treatment, which will in turn avoid disappointment in the future. If needed, you can always combine this with a visit to our dermatologist for additional advice.
Mediclinic prides itself on its vast experience in the treatment of esthetic skin conditions. After consultation with our dermatogist, you will be advised on the safest and most efficient treatment. All treatments are supervised by our dermatologist. Mediclinic has an arsenal of lasers, devices and technologies to ensure you get the best results.
You will find a short description of the most common esthetic skin conditions on this website, including the different treatment options available:
Rosacea is a skin condition that causes red spots on the face, due to the dilation of small blood vessels under the skin. The skin is stretched and is very sensitive. When these vessels become inflamed and cause papules or pustules, it is called rosacea.
In the first stages, there are creams available to prevent its progress. When there are inflammatory lesions, antibiotics are often prescribed.
To reduce or eliminate rosacea, we use NdYag and/or IPL lasers. Blood vessels are heated and destroyed without damaging the surrounding tissue. Directly after treatment and for the first few days, the skin is bright red. This redness may be accompanied by swelling. The skin can be treated with cooling compresses and calmed with a suitable cream. Moisturize your skin well and protect it from the sun for a few weeks after the laser treatment. Depending on the severity, one or more treatments are needed with a 6 to 8 week interval.
- Be mindful of strong temperature differences such as in the sauna, steam baths, tanning beds, extreme heat, extreme cold, etc.
- Avoid alcohol, spices, and hot drinks
- Mediclinic offers a facial to gently clean, treat and moisturize your skin to reduce the feeling of tightness.
- At Mediclinic, you benefit from laser treatments with the NdYag laser for small red vessels on the cheeks or nose, and IPL laser for redness on the cheeks, forehead and chin. Before you make an appointment and in order to avoid pigmentation disorders, please make sure:
- You don't go in the sun 4 - 6 weeks before AND after the treatment
- You don't wear self tanner 1 week before the treatment.